The Sanskriti - Delhi Blue Ceramic Centre – the
only one of its kind in India-plays host to diverse ceramic
activities and interactions, both national and international.
The programmes offered include residencies, classes and
interactive workshops for ceramicists, talks, slide shows,
firings and demonstrations.
- Regular beginners’ classes consist of a basic
three-month course, teaching clay preparation, centering,
wheel throwing, and making simple shapes.
- Special summer classes (particularly for children)
are organized every year between May and July.
- Interactive workshops for potters and students of
pottery conducted by Indian and international ceramists.
- Lectures and demonstrations by renowned national and
international potters are held regularly.
- Visitors and visiting out-station potters can work
on a daily basis at the Ceramic Centre.
- Firing facilities are available throughout the year,
along with assistance in firing.
- Residencies during summer and winter, are organized
via the Delhi Blue Pottery Trust.
In addition, pottery tours and walks can be conducted
for visitors. Options include the Sanskriti Terracotta
Museum, the Crafts Museum, and visits to potters’
villages, public and private studios.
Facilities at the Ceramic Centre
The Ceramic Centre is well-equipped with the following
types of wheels and furnaces:
• 9 Kick wheels
• 2 Painters’ wheels
• 5 Electric wheel
• 1 Pug wheel
• 1 Wood kiln
• 2 Gas kiln
• 1 Testing electric kiln
Timings - 10:00 am to 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm to 5:00
Closed on Mondays
For information on all of the above, please contact:
Anandagram, MG Road
New Delhi - 110047
Phone: 91-11-26501796, 26501125, 64675041